General Information

A parent or legal guardian applying to enrol a child in a government school should complete the ‘Application to Enrol’ form.

Only permanent residents of Australia and those children holding an approved visa sub class number are eligible to be enrolled in government schools.

Please read all the information before starting to complete an Application for Enrolment.

  1. Before submitting the application, please contact Lynwood Senior High School to find out about the school policies and whether required courses and facilities are available for your child.
  2. A parent or legal guardian applying to enrol a child in a government school should complete the ‘Application to Enrol’ form (the link is available at the end of this page).
    Please complete one form for each child.
  3. Attach proof of your usual place of residence to this application form. Three different examples are required, e.g. a utilities account (electricity, water or telephone) that clearly shows your name and usual residential address.
  4. Be aware that this is an Application for Enrolment only – submitting this form to the school does not mean that the enrolment has been accepted by the school.
  5. A Deputy Principal will determine if there is adequate classroom accommodation and if an appropriate educational program can be provided for your child at the school. To do this the Deputy Principal needs to fully consider the information provided in the final section of the application form.
  6. You will be notified by a Deputy Principal if your application has or has not been accepted at the earliest opportunity. In the majority of cases, parents/guardians will be advised within 2 working days.
  7. If your application is accepted, you are required to complete enrolment procedures at the school.  Parents/guardians should ensure that their child’s birth certificate, immunisation records, school reports, records and NAPLAN results, and any Family Court orders or parenting plans registered with the Family Court, are made available at the time of enrolment.

NB: It is a requirement of the Education Department that any information on suspensions and exclusions must be provided to the school at the time of applying to enrol a child. This information will help the school to provide your child with the appropriate support, if required. Children currently under suspension from a government school cannot be enrolled at another government school until the suspension period is over. Children who have previously been suspended or excluded from a government school may be required to enter into a behaviour agreement with the school if the enrolment is accepted.


If you are applying to attend a school other than your local school, transport will be your responsibility. All enquiries regarding school bus services should be directed to the Department of Transport.


Should you disagree with the school’s decision regarding your Application for Enrolment you can appeal to the District Education Office in the district in which the school is located. The District Office will then seek to verify whether the process for managing the enrolment decision at the school complied with department policies and guidelines. Prior to submitting an appeal, however, it is recommended that you contact the school Principal or the Manager District Operations at the district office to discuss your grievance informally. Appeal forms are available from either the school or the district office.

If parents of students with a disability are still in dispute with the decision about the placement of your child, you may request an independent review of the decision. You should put your request in writing to the Director-General, through the relevant District Director. A Disabilities Advisory Panel will be convened by the Executive Director, Education Programs to review the placement decision. An opportunity will be provided by the panel for you to present your case. The District Director will be able to provide you with detailed information about the panel.


All information provided on this form will be treated confidentially. The Education Department’s Information Privacy and Security Policy and Section 242 of the School Education Act 1999 preclude this information from being used for any purpose other than:

  • to determine whether your application for enrolment can be accepted
  • to assist the school with addressing any needs for your child if enrolment is accepted
  • to comply with legal requirements or ministerial directions

Applications for enrolment are processed according to Department of Education procedures. The Application to Enrol Form is available here: Application to Enrol

Enrolment decisions in public schools are made according to criteria based on age, residential location, visa status and educational needs. Our three local Government Primary Schools are Parkwood PS, Bannister Creek PS and Brookman PS. If your child is attending a different school, and you are outside the local area intake boundary, your application will be considered to be an Out of Area application. If so, please be aware of the following stipulated priorities:

  1. First priority – A child qualifying for a specialist program approved by the Director General for that year
  2. Second priority – A child who has a sibling also enrolled at the school in the current year, (other than siblings enrolled in specialist programs approved by the Director General), and who lives nearest the school
  3. Third priority – A child who does not have a sibling enrolled at the school in the current year, or who has a sibling enrolled in a specialist program approved by the Director General, and who lives nearest the school.

Fill in and return the with the following supporting documents to the school:

  • Proof of age and name – a copy of Birth Certificate/extract, Passport or Australia Citizen Certificate
  • Immunisation Records and details. If you do not have these, email
  • Copies of Family Court or any other court orders (if applicable)
  • Proof of address (either Council Rates of Water rates, plus 2 further pieces of evidence, such as; power connection, gas bill, telephone account, contents insurance etc)
  • Information relating to suspensions or exclusions
  • Copy of the most recent school report (Semester 1, 2019)
  • Copy of most recent NAPLAN results
  • Information relating to any disability or diagnosed condition

NOTE:  Missing documentation may impact on the processing of your application

Enrolment Links

01 Covering Letter 2022

01 Covering Letter 2023

02 Application to Enrol

Boundary Map

Connect Application